Drowned World (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

so he broke your heart
and he changed your words
and in his love you were a caged bird
wings clipped
not able to fly
you cried
nothing making any sense
just talk
but my heart found yours in the darkest of nights
and under the stars we shared a bond
a bond that makes me shiver
i dive into the deep end
i know that something is broken
trying to repair it anyway i can
with my love
you hold my heart in your hands
you sleep with my soul
you're the missing puzzle piece
to complete me
i am trying to love you
not even knowing if i can
floating on a tidal wave
together
crashing toward the shore
swimming
swirling
trying not to be drowned by our past
a drowned world
new horizons
we swim beneath it all
my love for you like a deep blue sea
i'm drifting now calmly
resting my head upon your shoulder
so in love
so at peace
that space in your neck was made for my head
i rest there
and i know that i am home
home in your skin
next to you
my heart beats away into eternity


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love