Your Love, Like a Cape (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

upon our last goodbye
i died a little inside
wrapped in my sheets that smelled like us
i cried myself to sleep
something is missing in my soul when you're not with me
i wear your love like a cape
and it makes me full of magic
capable of anything
because if you can tame this wild heart of mine
you are certainly a once in a lifetime kind of love
our love was made for movie screens
a twisted tale of pride and lust and sacrifice to get where we are today
i see a future when i look into your eyes
and i feel at home lying next to your naked body
there is a symphony in my heart
singing as loud as a choir of angels
praise be
that you love me
when you hold my hand all my problems dissolve
the world fades away
sinks beneath the horizon
you erase it all
and all i want is
and all i need is
you
my heart wants
my soul needs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love