A Prey of My Own Trap (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

i am colorblind
i robbed you of your innocence
in a bed filled with sin
you pushed me in
you thought you were ready for what i had
it was  like a bittersweet symphony
the way i ate your heart
as the blood dripped down my chin
i felt a sense of pride
that i'd raped what you held dear
as sweet as it was at first
it turned bitter
as i watched you wither
i felt pity
guilt
you were the ultimate bet
i'd done my ground work to win you over
tasted your youth
now i feel the villain
penicillin
won't cure what i've done to you
corrupted you
drug you down
addicted you to the sex i waved before your face
such disgrace
but the smile on my face faded
i felt jaded
the game consumed you
but it consumed me too
i died a little inside
"i don't trust myself with you" you said
in my bed
but it was me who you shouldn't have trusted
busted
a prey of my own trap
i jump from this ledge
to end the games
the battle
and on my way down i think
"it's such a rush"
this dying
the seconds fly
my life passes by
and as i hit the pavement
the realization hits me
like the concrete
that i'm just as common as the next case

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love