My Place Among The Stars (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

i am made of earth
i am covered with stars
scars
scarred
my history is etched onto my flesh with ink
pay attention
there is a flow to it all
not having the love of a father
created an insatiable need in me to be noticed
so i shone
brightly
darkly
in equal proportions
i walked a wounded path
healed myself
when i close my eyes i no longer feel that void
i feel faith
faith in myself
faith in the process
so every once in a while i dig my fingers into the earth 
to feel grounded
and when i feel that i need more light in my life
i have more stars drawn on my flesh
i run with the stars
look up in the night sky
and i know i belong to it
i belong to the earth
i will earn my place among the stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love