Strewn (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

it's a painful reminder
like the tornado warning
and it's the morning after
and your life is torn in half
battered
shattered
strewn
but it's past you
and it's a new chapter
time to rebuild
fortify
and it's all a blessing
what tore you up
will build you back up from the ashes
had to swallow the pill you shoved down my throat
and i died
took my heart
stole my life
but i seek the light
and it seeps in
and i'm pushing through this feeling
and rebuilding
and i'll be fireproof this time
my wounds will heal
the scars will be what make me beautiful
a reminder of the pain you gave me
and a symbol of the strength it took to become who i am today


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love