Like a Fire I Don't Want To Touch (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

it was almost a homicide
how traumatized
i felt
crushed under your hate
i almost died
cried
went to my room and turned on songs
that gave me strength
light
fight
i couldn't give in
let you win
yeah, fuck that
i'll pull myself out of the slump
won't be your dump
i tried to show you a sweetness i rarely let out
show you what i am really about
but you threw it in my face
put me back in a dark place
not filled with light
i just might
break my way out
break your face
to leave this place
of hurt and betrayal
hell
i put my feelings out there
still care
for you
even though you burned me
like a fire
i didn't want to touch
not so much
i don't want to hold on
the scars remind me
to put you behind me
you hurt me
gutted me
left me a hollow shell
crawling through hell
of my own doing
i'm renewing
my soul
gonna return to whole
leave you behind me
clearly i see
you
without me
is how it should be

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love