Colorado: The Western Sky (Home) (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

Colorado
the Western sky
it calls me into it
to float above the earth
and see more clearly
he comes to me in my dreams
and tells me what i need to know
guides me to the Light i'm supposed to know
inspired by the awe that i feel
gotta make my way through the night
hanging on with all of my might
when i'm lost and can't find my way
i feel the pieces falling away
the sky around me explodes into pinks and oranges
the stars illuminate my way
and it feels like i just got home
it twists my body into movements i didn't know i had
ignites my bones
fills me with life
as i dance across this sky
i leave trails of stars behind me
i want to fall into His arms tonight
the feeling that it'll be alright
i surrender
it's a long way home
and for the first time i don't feel so alone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love