Go Where Our Hearts Lead Us (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

yeah i can wait for you
i adore you
and i believe in faith
it lights my way
you don't know how you saved me
what you gave me
i feel the light
i have flown away
i have come alive
i am blown away
wrapped in the truth
i can live my life
when i found you i lost the game
and it all fell away
and to this day
when you rest your head on my shoulder
i feel the love
when i look into your brown eyes
i drown
it's deeper than anything i've ever felt
tingles my spine
that you're finally mine
all my life i've waited for you
now i adore you
my prayers answered
i eliminated enough exterior that my interior shone brightly enough to attract you
you guide me
you hide me
from a world that is often cruel
i see it all with different eyes than i did before
when you are next to me
a calm settles in
and soothes my restless soul
and it's enough for me
finally
enough was never enough before
but i feel at home in my skin
i have found myself
living my life
with you by my side
sometimes i drive
sometimes i'm the passenger
toss the maps out the window
and just go where our hearts lead

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love