With My Surfboard (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

like Beyonce
i'm gonna get on my surfboard
ride this year
above the surface
fierce
as the waves crest and fall
i'll be above it all
focused
i know what i want
seize it
own it
rock it
it's a lesson i've lived to learn
what you get you earn
full of naked tanned skin
blond hair
tattoos
words
i will create my own visual
i will not be part of a picture that you paint of me
I am ME
my own creation
life is short
no matter how many years you get
i want to live louder
crank it up
i want to stand out this year
contribute
inspire
look into my eyes and feel my soul
touch my skin and feel the heat
i am gonna ride it with my surfboard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love