Significant (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

i can picture you sitting in your chair staring out of the window
looking at the city below you
your face serene
and i wonder if you wonder about me
why must we wake up in beds in different cities
when we love each other
two egos fighting to win
but both losing
and time waits for no man
i try to give in
but it's not my nature
but the wanting for you is stronger than my resolve
and i call you
and i act like it's all cool
can you see through my facade?
this love is a masterpiece
i keep your shirt in a drawer
because it reminds me of that first week
and it smells like innocence
we may never give in to this love enough to make it work
but i want you to know that it's significant
it's changed me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love