Insecurities (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

excuse my insecurities
as they seep out
as they dissolve
i resolve
to make it past them
leave them behind me
the way i was treated in my past
has no bearing on my future
what i feel is purity
clarity
i can't give you everything
but i can give you what you thought you need
give me a map of what you want
and i'll get us there
let's talk about the road behind us
and how getting lost isn't a waste of time
it's all for the sake of arriving with you
i can't take back what's been done
but i can make you promises of what i'll do
we could make this into anything
we could make it more than words we speak
make us into what we should be
it's just like it feels
heals
us from the inside out
it's what we're about
lay your head head upon my lap
and let me tell you about it
and in the moment my insecurities die


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love