The Shell Eroded (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

surrendering to how i feel
it's real
i feel so small
in a world so big
my whispers sometimes louder than my screams
and when it's thundering rain
it fades away
the pieces of myself falling away
until all that's left is my core
the shell eroded
the baggage i carried
became too heavy for me to continue with
so i left it where it belonged
buried in my past
and when i close my eyes
i feel that i'll be alright
to His words i hold on tight
i struggled and i fought until i didn't
and it got easier
my insecurities are lessening
lessons
lay before me
no longer living my life by what you expect
respect
for myself
for my faith
belief in the journey
and i dance more freely through it all now
opinions fall before they damage me
took a long time to reach this point
no more wasteful living
i'm giving
it all up
elimination
clearing my mind
cleansing my body
renewing my spirit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love