No Easy Way From The Earth To The Stars (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette, LA)

gravity hurts
falling from your arms
where i longed to be
i read it all wrong
wasn't what it seemed
out of the lions' den
born again
treading on my path
i was all aboard
until you said you would be King
'cuz that's not how my story will be written
i won't fall asleep for 100 years and wake up to be rescued
I'm the prince, the princess and the King of my tale
back on my feet
reassembling the pieces
don't have to pretend any longer
i'll write my own destiny
share my thoughts
bare my soul
blind-sided by you, i saw stars
now i'll fly to them
no easy way from the earth to the stars
i've never loved easy
never loved easily
but i'm wide awake
and my heart is open
no longer bound by a liar's ideas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love