Superman Loses Sometimes Too (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

Am i what you want me to be?
that super hero who rescues you when you need me?
well it's alright
you can sleep tight tonight
I'll carry on my fight

BUT

I wish that i could cry
I fall upon my knees
But you're too concerned
with what it is you need

No one rescues me
Is it my fault?
Could i even let you try?

I'm more than some pretty face
not always faster than that plane
More than my silly red cape
not always able to stop that train

Don't always feel like that shiny super hero
Even if it's all you'll see
Sometimes I just want to dream
of being a weaker me

The steel of which i'm made
sometimes it wears thin
and truth be told i hate to fly
i'm scared of heights

but the role i play is the one you need
I slip on my suit and take to the sky
gonna battle the bad guys tonight
while you're safe in your bed

and even though i won the fight
i feel like i've lost the war
this Superman thing is bigger than me
and you're my Kryptonite
you destroy my might

You think i'm always looking to save the day
But really i'm just looking for a better part of me
And if you cut my skin
beneath this disguise i bleed


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love