Side Effects (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

thought that we could change the world together
thought that our visions intertwined
i was naive
i just believed
everything that you told me
said you were strong
but i found out you were weak
and i soon turned into more than you could handle
shining like a chandelier
decorating the filthy room you tried to trap me in
not a crystal chandelier, that's your bag
the light inside of me comes from God
i broke away and found the strength to leave you behind
but unlike what you'd told me
my inspiration didn't die
it grew
stronger
pure
those dreams we had are now just mine
nothing is worth your happiness
misery loves company
so, i'd rather go on alone
renegade
rebel
freedom fighter
i'll give a voice to my community that will be unique to my journey
still a little sad inside that you had to go
you crawled away into your dark cave
to smother who you are with filth
side effects
we both have
side effects
i'll overcome


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love