Torch (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

the anger i feel is out of love
love for my fellow man
for i am simply sick to fucking death of seeing people mistreated
teased
bullied
oppressed
beaten
broken
spit upon
and if you do it in front of me
you'll meet an army of me
i am stronger than sticks
your chains can not contain my will
try as you might
you will never blow out my torch
my torch burns for love
and if you show hate around me
i'll burn you
i'm not speaking of a fight with my fists
i will fight you with my heart
some of us are Jewish
black
asian
latin
gay
straight
bi
transgendered
confused
handicapped
mentally ill
muslim
catholic
buddhist
no matter what we worship when we close our eyes
no matter who we choose to lay next to in our beds
and hold dear to our hearts
we all deserve one thing....LOVE
i'm tired of injustice
I have my torch held up
let's conquer this
and leave this earth a better place for the next generation


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love