Melech (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

how could i ever be a follower?
when my fate is to be Melech
i'm not like the rest
i have unshakeable strength
a firm foundation
faith
if i close my eyes i'm guided by Light
allergic to darkness
i was born in the sun
as a child of God
a Leo
a lion
i roar
i lie in the sun and soak up its warmth
i hunt my prey
i stalk until i strike
and this community around me is like my Sahara
dry, parched, unforgiving
i plot through it
i shake the flies off of my skin
to end their biting, nagging pain
just waiting for a promise of rain
and you are like a reprieve for me
my very own Acacia tree
you give me shade
cooling me from the searing heat
just long enough to refresh my soul
and for a moment i forget that i'm supposed to be majestic
and throw around my mane
i just want to be lazy in the Savannah
and tell you of my admiration
watching you play in the grass
prove to you my loyalty
i may live the life of a fighter
an animal that hunts to survive
but underneath this hide
hides a heart that beats with Light
and in its orange glow
you may bask anytime you feel the need
i'll protect you
fiercely

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love