I Love You No Longer (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette, LA)

behind the bars of your love
imprisoned
trapped
oppressed
your love locked me in
locked me down
silenced me
blinded me
deafened me
all of my senses
senseless
you refused to hear me
you were afraid of me
this thing you called loved
was just obsession
possession
and i thought that i was a fool for no one
but i fell so hard for you
bought your lies outright
i don't know why i'm so surprised
you took everything to extremes
loved me
hated me
and now that it's over
now that i'm not associated with your crippling narcissism
these bars are bending
as if by my will
i long to be free
to be me
i'd rather hear nothing
than anymore of your lies
so if i'm left with residual deafness
at least i won't be blind
blind to your hate
you with all your gorgeous words
you dissolve into nothing but a false prophet
someone who can not walk the walk
i loved the way you lied
but i love you no longer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love