Reemergence (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

woke up this morning with our love on my mind
i thought i could fix this
but your words were like kerosene
and my mind was a match
when you threw your words at me
we became engulfed in flames
quickly melting our flesh
and burning our bones
reducing us to ash
and in that vulnerable state
there are two choices:
to let the wind carry you in whichever direction it decides
or to gather what's left of yourself
and reemerge
steadfast
stronger
wiser
kinder
to fly above the charred remains of whatever it is that you leave behind/beneath
in this case, that would be our love
i grew
i flew
much higher without your constant gravitational pull
i'm no longer your moon
i'm my own sun
and my Light it shines
like the fire that was my Genesis
so when you look up into the sky
and you see the horizon light up
know that i was born of light
and as the cold dark night blankets your life
know that you could've chosen better
life is what we choose
not the other way around

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love