To: My Exes (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

you each served a purpose
perhaps to teach me a lesson
that i didn't think i needed to learn at the time
you each loved me in your own way
and i loved you back in whatever capacity i knew then
some of you revolved around me
some of you i fell into your orbit
some of you i couldn't imagine living without
some of you i couldn't handle living with
and my life was sometimes a chess game
whose rules changed each day
now that i'm not as self absorbed
now that i've learned
i see lessons
i see missed opportunities
i see that i didn't always treat you with kindness
i was rarely fair
i was tough
only presented my exterior
forgot to show my interior
but i'm softer now
i'm sorry if i wanted to run while your arms were around me
i was just searching
searching for myself
searching to fill a hole left by my dead father
and now i'm more at peace
and i wish you all peace
everything we went through
helped me get to where i am now
ready to start over
a new chapter
open eyes
open heart
equal vinegar and piss
and sweetness
still trying
loving
smiling
happy to have had my exes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love