Open Your Heart (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

i see you on the street and you walk on by
you make me want to hang my head down and cry
you act as though you don't know me
but that's just in public
in private you ache for my words
you say i give you life
you say you long for my light
that when you touch my skin you feel it
like electricity
it crawls through your skin
and ignites your spine
i want to be your sunlight
i want to warm you
i want to wrap my love around you
i want to be that thing that you run to for comfort
i want to feel like your home
i want you to lay your head on my furry chest and hear my heart beat
and know that it beats for you
open your heart to me
i feel like i hold the key
to what awaits us
future
love
strength
you ignite my soul
you make me want to give more
do more
live more
love more
what burns between us is pure
a beat that i feel under my skin
a desire that burns inside of me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love