Side Effects (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

monday
tuesday
thinking you could use me
i broke out of your house
never gonna be a spouse
never gonna promise myself to your weakness
a mess
like a candle
more light than you could handle
blinked my tears away my scandal
my way
to continue on without a fight
my might
grew inside
couldn't hide
slept with the enemy
aware that he was smothering me
trying to quiet my voice
my choice
to break away from you
through
with us
a bust
everyday i live with the side effects
but i ain't gonna let them get the best of me
i was naive
believed
everything you told me
sold me
into slavery
my bravery
hidden
forbidden
in your world
still i kept my tears inside
cuz i knew if i started i'd keep crying the rest of my life with you
now that we're through
still careful of the people i let inside
reside
in those memories of you trapping me in your world
whirled
into side effects
like a drug
hazed
dazed
confused
felt used
up
by what you brought me through
still loved you
despite the blows to my face
my space
our place
trapped me like a prison
now i'm risen
forgiven


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love