Partition (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

stripped down to my core
bored
by all the shit you threw my way
trying to make me stay
and all along i'd say
my love don't cost a thing
no ring
can wrap its way around my heart
we'll part
if you don't understand
my hand
in my fate
won't wait
until you make up your mind
leaving it all behind
strip my soul bare
no care
in the world
my toes curled
from what you showed me in between the sheets
two souls meet
love
and lust
must
not be very different
if you're scared call that reverend
i'm drunk in love
above
me you press against my skin
we win
covered in sin
soaked to the bone
throw stones
i woke up like dis
full of piss
and vinegar
don't be so insecure
am i Jenny from the block
sucking your cock
or am i Beyonce flipping my hair
wishing you'd care
more about me than your own reflection
rejection
is a medicine
that humbles my spirit
inherent
the blue print
of my heart
apart
it feels
like i'll have to give up myself
to please
you
so raise that partition please
like 'yonce
i'm on my knees

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love