Lucky Star (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

Sitting under a humid night
the moon but a sliver
the air moves in a gentle breeze
my wine glass is half full
my head is full of thoughts of you
memories of us
like fireworks against a summer night's sky
so bright
but destined to fade quickly
intense
i can't seem to give you up
like a ghost you float
part of my aura
and on these summer nights
all dewy and full of potential
i'm reminded of the love we shared
you hung onto me like the stars hanging in the sky
a perfect fit
but by daylight you were gone
faded
and that's why i love the nights
for i can see your light
far above my head twinkling
you must be my Lucky Star
'cuz you shine on me wherever you are
and i'd have it no other way
goodbye are the words
i just can't say

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love