I Learned Something About Love (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

i learned something about love with you. i learned that it doesn't hold onto our youth like our egos do. i learned that it isn't perfect like we'd like it be. i learned that it takes work even if it seems easy. i learned that i'm not always the masterpiece behind the ropes. that sometimes i'm the gawker staring at the beauty before me. that sometimes i won't be able to express how overwhelmed i feel by the beauty i see in you. that sometimes my darkness won't seem capable of your light. that sometimes it will feel like i'm stealing your love. that i will at times feel less than. that i will question my belief system. that i will change how i react to things. i will succumb. i will face my own vulnerability. that i will be ok with admitting that i need something greater than myself. that i will seek something more important than my own reflection. that i will be guided toward your love....even if i feel unworthy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love