A Thousand Julys (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

i feel your heat
like a thousand Julys
so hot i could cry
this love we're in
ready to begin
you capture
enrapture
soothe me
groove me
i'd write you words but they're so hard to find
nothing can express what it feels like that you're mine
all my dreams
it seems
come true
around you
you walk into the room and the world darkens around you
blue
and black
everything else falls back
like a moon i orbit you
true
you take my breath away
brighten my day
your light
so bright
i can't fight
this feeling inside
can't hide
that i'm in love with loving you
i'll do
whatever it takes to keep you around
you ground
my wildest behavior
like a savior
you sweep in and make it all better
i couldn't get wetter
in a rain
of pain
bathed and reborn
sworn
worn
out from the experience of my youth
searching for truth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love