Like Prayers (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

our love
like a flock of birds
scattered
fly on
and you weigh heavy on my heart
hovering above
and i look to the heavens
and think of you
just like a flock of birds
in every direction we flew
and this pain that i feel is sweet sadness
for i loved you so
my hand fit into yours
i think of you
i don't forget
you're always in my head
like prayers i offer my words to the wind
and hope they are carried to you
i never really got the chance to know you
you were the great mystery
the other half of me
and still i love you
just for being
for if you never existed
i wouldn't put pen to paper
i'm half of you
and i hope that half makes you proud
i may not look like you
but perhaps i feel like you did
maybe you had a poetic soul
and on this night that though feels like a hug
and it's enough

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love