Six Feet Beneath Me (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

i walk on the ground that you rest beneath
and time has stripped you of your flesh
just a bunch of dust now
and if i could reach my arms through the earth to hold you i would
a void
a six foot deep hole swallowed you
resting
in peace i hope
long ago
i try to imagine what you'd be today
what we'd be
in my mind you would have accepted me for all my flaws
supported me even when i was failing
in my heart you have
your legacy lives on
and as morbid and haunting as it feels at times
i'm glad
not everyone has an angel watching over them
but on this day my heart is sinking
it's so hard to accept that you're six feet beneath me
so close
yet so far
there's a scar in my soul that each day i try to hide
and on most days i succeed
but today it overwhelms

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love