Neon Cathedral (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

i come with my words
because sometimes in life you swerve
to avoid disaster
splatter
people let words escape their lips before thought
not aware hurt is about to be brought
relying
lying
talk shit behind your back
attack
but smile in your face
a place
that they can't be who they are
so listen as i testify
you read the bible
but you don't live the verses
curses
don't build our community
we need unity
and when i see ya
and hear what you say
my faith is having seizures
this bar could be our church
our neon cathedral
but you treat me medieval
go ballistic on my reputation
your words like masturbation
pleasing only you
like glue
they stick to the air around them
broken hymns
untrue
we are all searching for love
let's not rub
each other the wrong way
stay
focused on the love we need to share
care
about what you say as much as you care about what you do
not through
with the work before us
bust
ing
out of the dark corners
not feeling like foreigners
we should all belong
no wrong
in hugging it out
shout
out
to me and let me know
we'll grow
closer
the composer
the subject blending into one
done
with ignorant hate
we have enough pressure from the world around
can't fall down
gotta lift each other up
fill my cup
hold it to the sky
my oh my
let's all just get along
right the wrong
together be strong

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love