This Battle Of Love (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

love
i tried it
denied it
tried to hide it
the smile on my face
felt like disgrace
my struggle is inner
a winner
i can't succumb
to dumb
shit that lies before me
free
too free to be a "we"
is there anyone out there
who cares
to go through growing pains
shit stains
staining up the drawers of life
the strife we carry
to bury
the hurt
beneath the dirt
ripping my shirt
like the Hulk
i sulk
alone in my room consumed by my own head
lying in my bed
trying to swallow this pill
to deal
with the shit stacked on my shoulders
like boulders
heavy and solid
squalid
disgusting
trusting
you with my heart
as you ripped it apart
picked myself off the fucking ground
til i was sound
no more fucking around
keep slaying
and playing with you faggots
like maggots
feeding off my energy
no synergy
we can't win divided
blind sided
by hate
walk down this road all alone void of emotion
a notion
of aloneness
thrown less
of  bone
i've shown
how you can do it with little
brittle
i'm not
so hot
that the sun seems cool
drool
down your face
setting the pace
that you can't keep up with
herewith
sending my love
above
the hate i felt
dealt
with my insecurities
impurities
pouring
through my pores
yours
for the keeping
keep sweeping
the pieces until they form a picture
a stricture
of who i was
without love
don't shove
me back into that phase
let's blaze
a road together
forever
no longer fighting
uniting
your arms around my neck
a peck
on your cheek
not weak
but strong
to belong
as one
it's done
this battle of love
finally won

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love