Between The Bars (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)


Drink up baby, look at the stars
I'll kiss you again between the bars
Where I'm seeing you there with your hands in the air
Waiting to finally be caught

you taught
me about people i used to be 
that i don't want around anymore
a past life
like crime
stealing the joy
from a lonely boy
and trying to figure it out
what it's all about
and why life can sometimes feel like one long night
the fight
to stay in the game
face covered in shame
drink up baby, let it go down
spin you around
in your drunken haze
feed the craze
and kiss on my lips til you're all done
and wait for the sun
to rise in the sky
fly
up to the clouds and rest your head there
forget all your care
i can be the poison you crave
your silent grave
and you can close your eyes and rest for all time
leave behind
this life of crime

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love