I Woke Up Like Dis (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

why do we think we have to shrink ourselves to deserve love?
that's such fucked up thinking
i unsubscribe to that
i'm fucking fierce
flawlessly flawed
i'll wear my crown
without falling down
i'll never shrink again
i'll grow
into something you never saw coming
done with the negativity of competitive behavior
i'm my own man
i have balls
i have courage
i stand tall as fuck
i'm equally proud of who i am and where i've been
i've been down
i've had my dick dragged through the dirt
i've beat myself up
i've felt fat
i've punished myself
i've sabotaged relationships that i didn't think i deserved
FUCK THAT
no one is worth shrinking for
god damnit
put your fists up in the air
be who you are
own it
own that shit
rock it
i went to bed feeling insecure
but i work up like dis
different attitude
about me
about life
about we
about how i'll respond
i won't judge you
i won't judge me
i'll just ride the moment like a surfboard
enjoying the majesty of the world around me
and how God created me in His image
so fuck what the haters think
you are what you believe
and i believe i'm fierce
like a lion

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love