Pain And Regret In My Sweat (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

pain and regret
in my sweat
my body wet
from this running
gunning
to get away from our past
what didn't last
but left me out of breath
was just a test
and i'm still trying to learn
fighting the burn
you spoke real feelings
reeling
me in
attracted to sin
made me grin
you weren't hard to find
once i had you on my mind
hope i grow
hope my flow
is better than ever
since we not together
and this love shit
i just don't get
it's just a word
i swerve
to avoid a full on crash
dash
run the other way
i have to say
i put some effort into us
blew my trust
more than my mind
now i'm back to the grind
of being me
no longer we
you were eager to take
the love we'd make
but you couldn't return
it's your turn
to feel the burn
i'll burst into flames
it's a shame
that you couldn't see
what's inside of me
why you faded?
jaded
take a shot for me
let it be
let it sink in
the gin
and know you lost what could have saved you from yourself



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love