While I Was Asleep (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

when i lick my lips i can taste your smile
it stays with me for a while
this feeling inside sometimes makes we want to run
this battle's not won
see, i have a gypsy soul
i never feel whole
unless i'm onto the next adventure
i'd venture
to say that it's hard for me to stay put
can't pussyfoot
around the idea that i crave to be free
but you do something to me
you set my heart on fire
there is a desire
for me to settle down
to wear the crown
it's all about being wrapped in the covers in the morning
no warning
i smile
you beguile
i feel like my soul was busy fighting last night while i was asleep
it creeps
above my body talking me into behaving
paving
the way to a brighter future
suture
up those wounds from my past
because the past can't last
tomorrow is shining down on me like a star
it's not so far
from where i am today

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love