My Love Don't Cost A Thing (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

you met me in a moment when i was weak and confused
at first i refused
but you were persistent
no longer resistant
i gave in to your advances
took chances
in love it's rare to win
so full of sin
your thoughts consumed me
no longer free
i felt like a caged bird
couldn't voice my own word
you cast a shadow over my being
no reasoning
i fought with all i had to get away
saved my own damn day
i was meant to shine bright
cast my own light
so i shed the darkness that you became
and escaped your tangled game
made you swallow your pride
took you on a wild ride
i showed you that my true strength lies in my ability to forgive
i let you live
when in the past others died for less than what you've done to me
i set you free
but i taught you that you're but a boy
not your toy
i'm a man
with a hand
in my own fate
and i'm great
greater than you thought
i couldn't be bought
you promised me a ring
but like J-Lo's, my love don't cost a thing
you're a fool
go drool
on some other man's pillow
ppfffttt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love