Bloody Mary (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

like Mary
your leaving left my arms empty
trendy
to feel empty inside
like you might die
you broke my sacred heart into pieces
last of my species
alone covered in your blood
a flood
of tears staining my cheek
bleakness
set in
no rest
for the weary
teary
eyed
surprised
that i had a well of emotion
my devotion
to you had no limit
prohibited
anything said in vain of you
you were my religion
like a homing pigeon
coming back to you again and again
offering up my sin
my longing for you
my loving for you
left me covered in the blood left by the way you were treated
not defeated
you rose
drove the darkness into light
fought the good fight
and i hope and i pray
that you come back to me some day

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love