My Own Little Nirvana (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

i woke up this morning lucky
lucky to have a warm body next to mine keeping me warm
even though the AC was on 68 degrees
lucky for my own breath
lucky to hear his breath almost in sync with my own
in the dim room it was all so clear to me
that we work a lot to keep it going
we work on the shell
we pray and meditate to work on our souls
we compromise and sacrifice to work on our relationships
it's never ending
it's a beautiful struggle
of going through something painful in order to obtain joy
and on this January morning
under my down comforter
i had my own little Nirvana
i took a deep breath
i thanked the Creator
and i went right back to sleep

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love