Broken Hymns (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

my broken hymns
drowned in gin
led me to sin
i was singing for your love from the depths of my soul
to have and to hold
i crawled on the ground seeking your attention
knees bloodied
my heart racing
between the horses of lust and love i was trampled
underfoot
pride vs. shame
i wore your love like a crown of thorns
digging into my skin
causing pain
but redemptive
you were the most beautiful creature i'd ever seen
made my baths feel like holy water
i was baptized by your loving
waking up in dirty sheets
the result of a love that was real on my part
listen closely as i testify
tell you how you made my body feel
like a thief you stole all the good in me
but you loved my imperfections
fucking in waves like the ocean
sweating out last night's sin
and your skin tasted like salty gin
you smelled like leather and sweat
loving you was like church for me
powerful
mysterious
full of rules i just didn't understand
but i blindly followed in faith
because your love was saving me
there's a thin line between love and hate
and we walked that line like a tightrope
some days we loved
some nights we hated
but our love kept us stuck like glue
messy and gorgeous
sex lit up our spines
ignited our minds
sex and love and beauty
and i'm telling you
these feelings won't go away
they been knocking me sideways
anytime you come around me
i bathe in the sin of our lust
it's out of my hands
not under my control



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love