Just A Perfect Night (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

Standing in the middle of the kitchen
watching you move in the refrigerator light
glowing
after another one of our love fests
I just want to follow the sweat as it falls down your spine
to treasures that await me
Drenched
Quenched
Feeding our appetites in so many ways
And you always leave me starving
yet full
and i find a tshirt i left here long ago
and i know you think about me
and i know it's become real
and without you i may be ok but i'm not fine at all
there is magic in your touch
and future in your kiss
strength in your hold
eternity awaiting in your eyes
my greatest fear is getting lost in translation
of coming off as asking too much of you
is everything too much?
I have no problem getting lost in you at all
consume me
like these autumn leaves we are falling into place
you and i are pieces of a puzzle
and it fits and it's real
and you hold onto my old tshirt when i'm not here
because it holds my scent
and it makes you feel close to me
and to feel you all i have to do is close my eyes
you never really leave me
and i'm so okay with that.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love