Your Love Was The Bullet, I Was The Target (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

your love was the bullet
i was the target
and anything that got in our way
was sure to be killed
you know it ain't easy
for your love to leave me
a hole in my heart
blowing me apart
there are no words to describe it
the feeling of shards of glass digging into the muscle of my heart
knocking the wind out of me
you were so long gone
but you were my lifeline
but if you come looking for a hard time
they're never hard to find
and i was addicted to the pain
your love was a revolver
and at least i'd die happy
i bled our love out
til there was nothing left to hold onto
limp
lifeless
and as i gasped for my last breath
i realized it was all my own doing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love