Still Magic (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

and i know it's long gone
and it's undone
and i destroyed a perfect masterpiece
but i fucking love you
and i was doing the best i could then
now i know more
i know better
you draw the air out of the room when you walk in
and i've always felt that draw
but i didn't have it figured out then
i didn't know how to treat you
because i mistreated me
when you look into my eyes in this glowing sunset
i know that you can't deny that there is still magic there
that particles float in the air around us
that our hands were created to fit into each other
explain while all these years later there is still all this ache
our story isn't completed yet
i'm standing out here asking for you to try with me again
help me write a happy ending for you and i
invite me again into those arms of yours
let me wake up to find you in my bed
i know all too well now what that means
and i've peeled my insecurities away one by one like skin
'til i'm standing here naked
exposed
vulnerable
asking for your love
because i love you so

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love