To Deserve A Second Chance (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

sitting alone staring out of my window
at the city below
and i wonder if you're up at this time of night
and if you ever think about me
your voice
it sends me somewhere otherworldly
you have the power to lift me higher than i've ever known
and the power to crush me
time can't erase what we've shared
we faced our demons
we fought our fights
and it was beautiful and magic
and sad and tragic
Love
it's what i feel when i close my eyes and think of you
distance doesn't matter
my heart belongs to you
my skin begs for your touch
and i don't think i could live the rest of my life not knowing your kisses
too much to bear
you taught me how to love
you showed me how to grow
you opened up to me the first night we met
kindred
spirits
all i knew this morning when i woke
was that it's time for us to be in the same room again
how do i tell you this?
that i'm ready now?
that i've learned enough to deserve a second chance
all i know is that you should be mine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love