From Mexico To Baton Rouge: Andres Pulido (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

we grew roots
became one
mighty
like an oak
solid
we drew our own constellations
sipped wine
told tales
it was a special kind of love
it started in Mexico
your voice carried on the wind
your emerald eyes captured me
and held me
your skin was golden
you made the sun seem pale
we danced to the music in our heads
our rhythm was our own
there was magic in the sea that summer
i felt baptized in your love
reborn
new
like i'd finally found what love was about
i lay in your bed in the early morning light
and watched you sleep softly
miles of black eyelashes
the bushiness of your eyebrows
there was nothing about you that i didn't let soak into my soul
porcelain white teeth
coal black hair tucked behind your ear
and your voice still plays in my head
"te quiero"
i hold onto your picture that time has faded
i treasure my memories of that summer
1993
from Mexico to Baton Rouge
our love grew
and i'll never forget your hands
stained from the clay that you sculpted with
late night dinners
that lasted until dawn
i think i drowned in an ocean of wine
i know that i drowned in your bed
my Latin lover
like no other
rare

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love