If I Get A Little Prettier (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

my clothes are off
my skin exposed
offering you a nakedness i'm not used to
vulnerable
showing a part of myself i usually protect
and you touch with me with intensity
your fingers sizzle when you touch my flesh
your kisses i'd miss forever if they stopped
like the stars miss the night sky
there's a trust in you that i feel
inexplicable
there are gods
and there are monsters
and you are like an angel
i hung on the cross of my own making
suffered for nothing
innocence lost
my mouth finds yours in the dark
and we connect
when you talk it's like a movie
and it makes me crazy
if i get a little prettier
could i be your baby?
singing the blues gets old


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love