The Summer of Your Skin (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

i've got my music on
i've got a glass full of gin
i've got my clothes off
and i'm looking to sin
my god i feel in in the air
that electricity when you walk in the door
just wanna lay it all out of the line
just wanna make your love mine
and when i'm pinned down on the bed
and you take residency of my head
i feel alive
i feel free
i feel like the only thing i want to give is a fuck
as dirty and nasty as it is pure and beautiful
we merge
we emerge
changed
deranged
walking through the city streets
your hand in mine
feeling whole
like home
you baptize me with your tongue
kissing me hard in the pouring rain
you like it insane
i close my eyes
and the rain washes over me
cleanses me
our clothes are soaked and stick to us
in my mind i know that sometimes love is not enough
so i'm trying to have fun with this
but it's like an addiction
like a drug
it gets me high
and you tell me stories of love and drugs
between kisses and hugs
wasn't born to break
but sometimes it's too much to take
this love for your consumes me
and the way i feel for you
is like a panic attack
it hits me suddenly
overwhelms me
this need for you
for your touch
for the summer of your skin
heat
humidity
it sustains me
like a million stars in the night sky
sparkling and broken
bursting into bits and pieces
like my heart
i love you so much it aches
but i feel safe in your bed
i just want to sit next to you
barreling down the open road at 100 mph
into our future
you may destroy me in the end
but most things we love do
and i close my eyes
and i accept this
the unknowing is what draws me in
your love is what keeps me here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love