It Was Into Your Eyes I Fell (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

i drank from your bottled affection
in a blue black night
in my tear-stained tuxedo
i stood in the rain
buzzed from your love
the sound of your voice
deeper than the sea
it was into your eyes i fell
closed my eyes and prepared for the inevitable crash
a crash that never came
walking home
a dark corner
a rain coated slate path
slippery
i had to be mindful not to fall
jazz music appearing from the mist
like a ghost
i caught a glimpse of you from a window
and i knew
i think if my heart had a color it would be red
intense
kissing your wine stained lips
nothing can compare
and i love the feeling of hanging onto the ledge
knowing if i let go, i fall
and if i hang on, i tire
your love is my ledge

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love